Stuffed Acorn Squash – A Healthy Weeknight Meal Idea!
Are you looking for a healthy meal that still tastes delicious? This meal is for you! This meal is packed with protein and beneficial veggies that will leave you feeling satisfied!
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place acorn squash halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey with onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper until browned.
- Mix cooked quinoa into the skillet and stir well.
- Stuff each acorn squash half with the turkey-quinoa mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender.