Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
Mushroom and Spinach Risotto is a healthy and comforting dish that is packed with flavor and nutrition. The recipe features mushrooms, which are an excellent source of B vitamins, and spinach, which is a rich source of iron and other essential vitamins and minerals. It is also perfect to have for lunch the next day!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the pot and sauté until tender.
- Add Arborio rice to the pot and stir well to coat with oil.
- Pour in white wine and stir until wine is absorbed.
- Add vegetable broth to the pot, one cup at a time, stirring constantly until each cup is absorbed before adding the next.
- When the rice is cooked and the broth has been absorbed, stir in spinach and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.