A night guard is a type of mouth guard specially designed to treat teeth grinding and clenching classified as bruxism. If our team suspects that you are suffering from this, we may suggest a night guard to help protect your teeth from damage by preventing grinding while you sleep. Many sufferers of bruxism are unaware of the common condition being that it happens while they are asleep.
Common signs of bruxism include:
- Chromic ear, jaw, and facial pain
- Waking up with a tired or tight jaw
- Migraines and tension headaches (frequent)
- Chipped, flattened, or cracked teeth due to excessive tooth wear
- Exposed inner layers of teeth due to very worn tooth enamel
- Indentations on side of tongue
- Tooth sensitivity increase
If you discover you may suffer from some of the symptoms of bruxism, we suggest you look into all the benefits of a custom night guard. This guard will benefit your oral health as well as your overall health as it may help you get a better night sleep. To learn more about night guards and the harmful effects of teeth grinding, don’t hesitate to contact us today.