Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas are a healthy vegetarian dish made with fiber-rich black beans and nutrient-dense sweet potatoes. This recipe provides a flavorful and satisfying way to enjoy a Mexican-inspired meal while still supporting a healthy diet.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 tortillas
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling water until tender, then drain.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked sweet potatoes with black beans, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into tortillas and roll them up.
- Place the rolled tortillas in a baking dish and pour enchilada sauce over them.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.