The following are symptoms of oral cancer:
- Feeling that something is stuck in your throat or having a sore throat constantly
- Bleeding in the mouth for no reason
- Lasting and constant sore on the face, neck, or mouth that does not heal within two weeks and bleeds easily.
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain, or numbness in the mouth, neck, or face
- Pain in the ear
- Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums, lips, or other parts in or around the mouth
- Speckled, red, or white patches in the mouth
- Swallowing, chewing, speaking difficulty
- Change in the way your teeth or dentures fit
While we always screen for oral cancer during checkups, there can be upwards of 6 months or more between screenings. Therefore the most important person to ensure your oral health is you. If you notice any of these problems please do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible. We are committed to keeping you and your mouth in the best health possible.