Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Introducing Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal – a delightful and wholesome breakfast recipe that will awaken your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied throughout the day. This easy-to-make dish combines the comforting flavors of ripe bananas, warm cinnamon, and sweet maple syrup with the nourishing goodness of oats. It has become a staple in the breakfast routine of our dental hygienist, Sara, who enjoys its deliciousness almost every day.
- 2 bananas, overripe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cashew milk, unsweetened, or almond milk or skim
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fruit of your choice to garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Spray a small baking dish or casserole with cooking spray. I used an 8.5″ x 11″ 2.5qt casserole dish for this.
3. Add the overripe bananas to the bottom of a mixing bowl, and mash them with a fork.
4. Add the applesauce, maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
5. Add the milk. Whisk together.
6. Add the oats. Fold in.
7. Pour the mixture evenly into the baking dish.
8. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 tsp cinnamon with the 1 tsp sugar. Sprinkle this mixture evenly on top of the oats.
9. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
10. Top with your favorite fruits, or enjoy on its own!